Instructor: Walter Ord
Gheens Academy Curriculum Documents-Middle Grades
Arts/Humanities - Middle School
Arts & Humanities/HAVPA
K-8 AH Distribution List
I am in the process of finalizing the AH distribution list. We will be moving forward with our work soon.
Files and links
1. I have saved a copy of the 21st Century Arts Map as well as the Common Core Arts Maps that are linked to in case the links ever fail.
2. I have posted another document for 9th grade Common Core document that Greta Gilbert created under the documents folder.
3. I also posted a writing prompt for art in the art folder that Cindi Hughes submitted.
4. I posted the current agenda for this month under the agenda folder.
5. I posted a sign in sheet as well as a standard invoice for February in the documents folder.
Topics to address
1. We are to work on updating strategies and resources for each discipline (music, art, dance and drama) at all levels (K-5, 6-8, 9-12) for each unit.
2. We are to design 5-7 higher order sample questions per unit per discipline at all levels.
3. We need to make a connection to the writing/communication plan. There are three types of writing (writing to learn, writing to demonstrate learning, writing for publication). As a beginning, we will write one of each of the three types of writing prompts for each discipline at each level. For example, there would be 9 writing prompts for music, 9 for art, 9 for dance, and 9 for drama.
4. We need examples of levels of learning for each discipline at each level for each unit also. There are 6 levels of learning as evidenced in the walk through document.
5. We will also learn about the CIITS website at each meeting.
Please see the documents at the bottom of the page for information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My contact information is at the bottom of this page. Please feel free to join the fusion page as well so that you can receive email notifications when I update this page. See the tasks section below for specific job assignments that people are working on. This will help us to not duplicate each other's work. Any questions or prompts that you come up with, please email them to me and I will post them on this page so that other people can gain more insight into their work using your input. Thank you!
|1. Write 5-7 high level multiple choice questions for each unit. This will be for weeks 19-21 and it will address the same topic assigned for the writing tasks. (tosborne) |
|2. Write 5-7 high level multiple choice questions for each unit. This will be for weeks 19-21 and it will address the same topic assigned for the writing tasks. (WOrd) |
|3. Write 5-7 high level multiple choice questions for each unit. This will be for weeks 19-21 and it will address the same topic assigned for the writing tasks. (CHughes) |
|4. Writing to demonstrate learning prompt for art grade 5. Weeks 19-21. (CHughes) |
|5. Writing to demonstrate learning prompt for music grade 8. Weeks 19-21. (WOrd) |
|6. Writing to learn prompt for K-3 drama. Weeks 19-21. (tosborne) |