What are the board's responsibilities?
The overall responsibility is to oversee the development, operation, and improvement of the Floyd County School System to include:
- Approving high-quality instructional programs
- Reviewing student progress
- Reviewing the educational program
- Appointing the superintendent
- Approving the FCS annual operating budget
- Approving purchases and contracts
- Accepting contracts for new construction, renovations, and building additions
- Ensuring practices and policies are in agreement with the Kentucky Revised Statutes
- Establishing tax rates
- Performing all duties prescribed by the Kentucky Revised Statutes
Board members may not act independently on official matters. They may act only as a group on board-related decisions.
What are the board's goals?
- 5 Star Schools/TBD
- Transition Ready of 80%
- Remain fiscally solvent/efficient
- ACT 19.5
- State Accountability: TBA
- Attendance 95.5%
When and where does the board meet?
Regular Meetings are usually scheduled on the Fourth Mondays and will begin at 6:30 P.M. CLICK HERE to view the Board Meeting Calendar.
Who is My board Member?
To view the board member for your district/school Board Member.
What are the board's policies?
To view the board policies click here.