Floyd County Schools: Accessibility Statement
Floyd County Schools is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Floyd County Schools takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Floyd.Kyschools.us:
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Scheduled staff training to increase knowledge of WCAG guidelines.
- Implement new CMS with integrated accessibility tools for editors.
- Automatic captioning for all uploaded videos.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Floyd.Kyschools.us is conformant with WCAG 2.0 Level A but, we strive for WCAG 2.1 level AA compliance. We are constantly watching our site for content that does not meet guidelines and correcting those issues should they occur.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Floyd.Kyschools.us. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Floyd.Kyschools.us:
- Phone: (606) 886-2354
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor address: 442 KY RT. 550, Eastern, KY 41622